Getting old is
When you go to bed without setting an alarm, and naturally wake up at the time your weekday alarm goes off. And not being able to fall back asleep.
10:01 am • 7 December 2013 • 10 notes
|me when i am mildly inconvenienced:
||THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME
|me when i am legitimately hurt/distressed:
||no no it's fine i've had worse
8:28 pm • 6 December 2013 • 85,310 notes
Last night, my friend Jordynn hosted me and the girls to make snow globes out of mason jars. I like crafting, but never do it on my own so I was thankful for the opportunity- and love the outcome! I love how it ties together the mantel (or windowsill, whatever).
9:00 pm • 5 December 2013 • 9 notes
My collar is made of rabbit fur, and it’s so snuggly (sorry if this offends you).
2:02 pm • 5 December 2013 • 7 notes
Even thought it’s (weirdly) 53 degrees in Chicago right now, let it be known… winter is coming. There is a high of 22 on Saturday :(
1:45 pm • 4 December 2013 • 1 note
All I do is shop
The good thing about Hanukkah arriving early this year is that I’m done buying (and giving) about half of my gifts. I always like reading what other people give/get so I thought I’d share with you some of the things I’ve given (to others… or maybe even myself) recently.
- Mom: the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay. My mom wears make-up much more than I do, and has stopped splurging on herself recently. I thought the colors in this set fit her color palate perfectly, and it’s kind of a trendy gift which she likes and wouldn’t normally buy for herself.
- Dad/mom: a digital camera for their trip to Italy coming up this spring
- Dad/mom: restaurant gift cards. For Chicago people- the Lettuce Entertain You group has a buy $100 worth of gift cards, get $25 extra free. I love shit like this because then I feel like I get a treat too.
- 21 year old brother: Carhartt 3-season midweight sweatshirt. My brother is kinda outdoorsy and hipstery and hates winter coats so I thought he could layer with this.
- Boyfriend: a DYSON (DC50 Animal) I am so excited to give him this come Christmas. He actually likes vacuuming (I will never understand, but am forever thanksful) and has a crappy one from Target so I think he will actually like this- and he would NEVER spend the money. It was (and still is) 25% off today which I think is as good as it gets in terms of discounts on those products. I’ll probably get him a couple of other random things too, but this is the big ticket item.
- Self: Zella Live-In Leggings- after reading about these over and over and putting off buying them, I finally pulled the trigger. My go-to leggings at the moment are from Forever 21 and are paper-thin so that just don’t work anymore. Here’s hoping they are as awesome as Jaclyn says (and that maybe I’ll actually use them for working out once in awhile…). I also asked for the money for a headboard for our bed. I bought this in slate. I’m really excited about it and hopes it helps to tie our room together. My mom also bought me a sweater from J.Crew, and my brother gave me earrings.
So I have to buy for: my grandma, Frank’s parents, Frank’s sister, and Frank’s grandma. The gifts for Frank’s family are kind of split between us, so luckily I won’t be shouldering all of the costs.
Any elderly women gift guides out there? Frank’s grandma is like 95 and the most typical old lady ever. Last year I got her the most basic black handbag possible from Kohls. My grandma is the opposite so it’s not very hard (she loves J.Crew, Nordstrom, anything beautiful- last year I got her jewelry from J.Crew).
9:15 pm • 2 December 2013 • 7 notes
The Long Road Back: How to Keep Going After the Unimaginable Happens
Two years after the tragic deaths of her children and her parents, Madonna Badger reflects on what happened and what keeps her going.
Y’all, this article is EXACTLY what I needed to read today.
6:22 pm • 2 December 2013 • 41 notes
Just go with it
|Frank's 96 year old grandma in regards to his sister's boyfriend:
||what's that man's name?
||who? Oh. Jorge (pronounced hor-hey)
11:00 pm • 28 November 2013 • 3 notes